Monday, November 30, 2009

A visit with the Easter Bunny

I know this LO is a bit seasonally inappropriate, but the photos fit the design of the page. This week's challenge on the Playground is using negative space (the space around and between an image). This can be the backing to chipboard pieces, sticker sheets, stencils, the leftover from a diecut. Originally, I was thinking of using the negative space as a mask, but let's just say that pairing a way too sticky sticker sheet (even after I rubbed it onto my denim jeans repeatedly) with homemade glimmer mist (which gobbed up my mini-mister and turned it into a mini-dripper) just did not go well.
Onto plan B: a sheet of chipboard left from SU! On Board Lots of Letters. I trimmed it down to 8x8, painted it with two shades of green paint, and filled the 1 3/4" circles with photos, papers, and embellies.




What can you create with the negative space you've got laying around? Whip something up and post it at Method Playground by Monday, Dec. 14 for a chance at a RAK from Amanda.

2 comments:

  1. how fun! so much can be done with negative space! Your l.o is a beautiful example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this...thinking you could use this for an advent calender, somehow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!