Today's card has a touch of alpine rustic charm: a bit of paint, a dab of distress ink, and some stitching. Here's how I did it:
- Type up the words to 'Twas the Night Before Christmas or email me for my text copy and print out.
- Cut out your tree shape from your printed text (I used the Sizzix Pine Tree, but you can just as easily cut a simple traingle shape).
- Distress the tree--spritz with walnut ink or similar mist, paint on some strong tea or coffee, smudge with ink.
- Let dry then add a bit of green acrylic paint. I added some gel medium to mine, but you can also create a wash with just a bit of water.
- Distress a piece of vanilla cardstock (more ink, spritz, paint, whatever you have).
- Use a paper towel roll and some red acrylic paint to add the circle.
- Stamp your greeting in the circle (use post-it ntes to mask if necessary.
- Add stitching to the tree and the edges of the vanilla cardstock and adhere to the red card base.
If you've been working on some holiday cards, please link them up in the comments. I would love to see them!