Wednesday, November 18, 2009

December Daily Progress

I think the most difficult part of this project is coming up with 31 unique numbers for the pages. I pulled number stamps & chipboard numbers from my stash, but then moved onto game pieces and other sources. In the coming weeks I will be on the lookout for numbers in my mail (think postage stamps from cards, and junk mail).

Here's what I have come up with so far:I will use a Dymo label maker for a couple, and will end up computer generating some, too.

I took photos of my pages so far to share, but I will spare you the boredom (they're not much to look at yet), and the lousy photos. Instead, here's a summary of what I am using:
  • page protectors of various sizes and styles, trimmed down to fit (5x7, trading card, 8 1/2 x 8)
  • patterned paper in my color scheme--add a decorative edge to jazz it up
  • clear acetate (I cut them from some folders I had been saving), on one I will add a large scallop circle, on the other I painted circles using an empty Glue Dots roll as a stamp
  • decorative file folder
  • chipboard (see #23 above)
  • solid card stock cut into shapes (a circle and bracket)
  • a patterned paper bag from a store (one is from Panera. I cut it apart and folded one into a pocket, sewing along two edges). I'll also be using a Trader Joe's bag (I'm hoping their Christmas ones are in stores soon)
  • envelopes in various sizes (I made some using templates from the Paper Source)
  • patterned vellum
  • old holiday cards (some of these need mounting)
  • cardstock that's been stamped or embossed, folded, and stitched to create a pocket

Tomorrow's task: tackle the covers that will hold it all together. I'm thinking book board and rings, but we'll see...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your creative process with us, I find it very interesting!


Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!