Sunday, November 1, 2009

Holiday Cards Day 1

I've cooked up this kookie idea in my head that for the month of November I'll post a holiday card a day. Typically, I like to avoid this type of commitment-filled posting, because somehow it's nearly always destined for failure. Maybe it's the start of a new month on the start of a new week (I love when that happens!) that makes me feel like CraftySuperGirl, or maybe I'm just on the prowl for a handmade holiday card, too. Whatever it is, this may be a good way to test some out (and possibly inspire you to make a few of your own this year, too *wink*wink*). And I have a stash of cards to fall back on if I'm feeling a bit lazy on any given day.

We'll give it a whirl. So here's number one:



Aesthetic Factor: 5 (1=eh, 5=very pleasing)
Ease of Mass-Producing: 2 (1=impossible, 5=easy peasy)
Cost: Minimal
# of steps: approx. 15
Likelihood I'll be making 85+ of these: 30%

A quick search through the Splitcoast gallery yielded the inspiration for this one. The card itself is cut with the Sizzix Bigz Circle Scallop. The snowflakes are stamped in Versamark ink and accented with Stickles Crystal. One of the trees is pop-dotted for dimension, and both are accented with Stickles. The tops of the snowdrifts are glittered with Shimmerz. I punched the ornament top from a juice pouch using the SU! dog tag punch and threaded it with jute.

I love that this card could actually hang on recipients' trees. I would adhere a photo to the backside along with a greeting. This card doesn't open making it more cost-effective to produce. Hand trimming the trees, applying and drying the glitter, and creating the hanger makes this card a slow-going one.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! (Patterned Pines, Cold Play, Warm Words and Holiday Tag Team)
Paper: Stampin' Up! (Bashful Blue, Whisper White)
Ink: Stampin' Up! (Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip), Tsukineko (Versamark)
Glitter: Ranger (Stickles), Provocraft (Shimmerz)

4 comments:

  1. Adorable! and I like your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 3. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Gets me in the holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card! It is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!