Tuesday, November 17, 2009

December Daily

No holiday card today, folks. I have been at work in the stUdio on a December Daily album. This project has been in the back of my head for a few weeks now, and since the start of Jessica Sprague's class Holidays in Hand yesterday, the holiday bug is biting hard (unfortunately, the shopping bug has yet to show his fangs).

So I set to work tonight gathering supplies, trimming things down, doing a bit of painting, stamping, and punching. Right now, I am just creating the backgrounds for the pages. Some are page protectors in various sizes, some are cardstock, or chipboard, or transparencies, a few are envelopes, and even holiday cards from years ago. My goal is to use only supplies I have on hand (I don't want to buy anything extra at this time of year).

The first thing I did was choose a color scheme; mine is red, kraft, white, cream, and a touch of olive, chocolate, and black. This really helped narrow down the selection process when going through supplies.

My December Daily will run the entire month of December (1 thru 31) so that I can include all the play that happens in the days after Christmas, as well as New Year's Eve. I will not be adding the numbers to each page until the day I put the page together, that way I can be flexible in choosing the page depending on what I want to record. Ali has some fantastic posts with loads of pictures of each of her blank pages she'll be using this year. You can also see last year's album here.

I'll be back tomorrow with some photos of my pages so far. And, um, I guess I'll be playing catch-up again with two cards for the holidays.

3 comments:

  1. How fun this sounds. You are on your way with getting everything laid out! Have fun. I am getting the holiday bug, also. I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're off to a great start! Your supplies are just lovely! I look forward to following your December creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! You're making one too!! That makes me so happy!! We should all open a "December Daily" group on FLICKR!! Can't wait to see more and i really like your idea of adding the dates as you go and going all the way 'till the 31st!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!