Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hotel Pool: Method Playground challenge

This week's Method Playground challenge is all about magazine inspiration. I love thumbing through magazines and catalogs and tearing out bits of inspiration from advertisements or drawing up a quick sketch based on a magazine layout.
Here is my inspiration piece from a baby boutique guide I picked up when I was pregnant with baby #3. I tore out quite a few of the ads from this to add to my inspiration binder.

I love the playful overlapping circles and the happy combination of colors. Here's my take:

The page is built on a gessoed piece of duck cloth canvas. I love working with this fabric. It's sturdy like cardstock, but takes the paint and stitching a bit better than paper.

So how about you? What magazines or catalogs will inspire your next layout? Give it a try and don't forget to post it on the Playground (I heard there may be a rocking RAK up for grabs--just a little inside scoop for you!)

1 comment:

  1. Great page! Thanks for sharing I always enjoy understanding a fellow scrapbooker's creative process ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!