Sunday, November 8, 2009

Holiday Card Catch-up {days 6, 7, 8}

What is it about the weekends that just makes it so darn difficult to find creative time?! I always go into the weekend with high hopes of spending several hours in the stUdio. Oh, well; it feels good to be caught up on my card-a-day's. So here they are:



Day 6 A little hand-made felt snowman sitting in a felt snowbank.
The snowflakes are heat embossed.
Day 7
I've had this snowmanfabric kicking around since my sister and I
went crazy one year with gifts in a jar topped with fabric covers.
I cut out the square and ironed it to a piece of Pellon fusible fleece
to give him a little quilted look. I sewed him to a mini card and frayed his edges.
The BG is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder,
and accented with some doodles with a Sakura glitter pen.
The checkerboard is also a piece of frayed fabric.
The snowman piece opens to reveal a photo and/or greeting.
Day 8

Taking a break with a simple, graphic card. Not too much going on here--perfect for mass-producing. I borrowed a color scheme from a card I made several years ago (Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, More Mustard, and Old Olive). Just some punches, brads (with a smash of the hammer), and a stamped sentiment.

Well there you have it. Being caught up feels pretty good! Be back tomorrow with another one. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Good evening Michelle!
    how sweet it is to be popping over here and discover more of your beautiful cards! They're quite different and fantastic in their own way...how clever of you these 4 snowflakes, very graphic and very "American Crafts" I think!

    P.S: I totally share your view about w.es by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...all the cards are so lovely!!! But I have to say, day 7, is so adorable!!! I love the quilted look, and the frayed edges!!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    Lisa Sturgill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!