Monday, April 5, 2010

Method Playground: Flowers! {eta video tute!}

Spring has sprung at the Playground, and flowers are blooming all over our projects.
I created a pretty little bloom from a remnant of lacey crochet and a scrap of patterned paper.  Here's how:
Cut a length of lace (10-12") and fold in half down the length.

Join the two ends together and stitch (I used my machine for this).

Turn the circle inside out so the ends are on the inside of the ring as shown.

Thread a needle and knot the end.  Beginning at the seam you created, use a running stitch and stitch along the folded edge of the lace pulling tightly into a gather as you go.

Pull tightly into a gathered bunch and knot by tying the beginning and ending threads together tightly. 

Flatten the circle and voila! A beautiful ruffled circle to attach to your next project.
I'm going to try a quick video tute on the paper roses, and if it works out, I will post a link here.  Crossing fingers!
Be sure to check out the DT's amazing creations for lots more inspiration, and then get some flowers blooming on your projects!  Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!