Gosh, I look a bit evil in that picture--must be the smirky grin.Here's a close up:
The pattern uses the shell stitch (just groups of double-crochets). The Suite 101 website where I originally found this pattern no longer exists. Here it is for you:
- foundation row: sc in 2nd ch from hook; (skip next 2 ch, 5dc in next ch, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch) twice; turn. (2 shells made)
- row1: ch3 (counts as 1dc); 2dc in first sc, skip next 2dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2 dc, 5dc in next sc, skip next 2dc, sc in next dc, skip next 2dc, 3dc in last sc; turn. (2 partial shells and 1 complete shell made)
- row 2: ch1 sc in first dc; (skip 2 dc, 5dc in next sc, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc) twice; turn. (2 shells made)
- Repeat rows 1 and 2 until work measures approx. 21½" long, ending with row 1. Fasten off
- Sew the first and last rows together.