Wednesday, April 28, 2010

ponies, bubble baths & umbrellas

I have a few layouts to share from the weekend.  Between Cocoa Daisy's Spring Crop and the April challenges at Scrapbook Heaven, I had more inspiration and *assignments* than I could handle.  Love using challenges to give my creating a kick in the pants.

This one was for Mou Saha's challenge to use butterflies.  I splattered paint (always an adventure--I place my page in the bathtub and splatter away!), and hand-stitched a flight path for the butterfly.
Paper: My Mind's Eye; butterfly cut with ecraft; Letters: Thickers by American Crafts and My Little Shoebox
This LO was for a sketch challenge that was part of the Cocoa Daisy crop.  I adore these little banners--I know they are super trendy right now, but I'm okay with that b/c they are so darn cute!
Paper: My Mind's Eye: Bloom and Grow (so in love with that line!)
I hand cut the title and filled the negative with little spots of color (another trend).  The banner and frame are machine stitched.

And one more: this one's for Holly's challenge at SH to stamp on your background.  I used jumbo bubble wrap and acrylic paint to create the large circles.
Paper: My Mind's Eye and Stampin Up! (clouds and BG); Stickers: AC Thickers (adore these); Rubons: AC; snaps: Making Memories; acrylic paint, gesso; photo corner punch: Stampin Up!; black thread
That about does it for layouts.  I have one more thing to show you.  This one I did not make; I found it in my mailbox on Monday:
How cute is that!  It's a little spiral bound journal and it was created by Melissa at Crab Apple Designs (and her business card is the most adorable card I've ever seen).  Melissa laminates the covers of her journals and includes an adorable pocket page in the front.  The book is filled with quality blank paper just waiting for oodles of doodles, sketches, and ideas.  If you need a new journal, go visit Melissa!

3 comments:

  1. Boy, you have been BUSY!
    Love your pages!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your scrapbooking style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these! So glad I found your lovely blog. New follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!