Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crocheted Chemo Cap

My friend K asked me if I would crochet a hat for a client of hers who is starting chemotherapy on Wednesday.  I graciously accepted the request and found this beautiful pattern on Ravelry.


 I love when a project looks like it took a lot of time and effort, but is really a piece of cake (hmmm, does that make me sound lazy?).  That's what this hat is.  The shells give it beautiful texture and pattern, not to mention the adorable scallop brim they create.  And they are a cinch to whip up.

I created it with Lily's Sugar and Cream in Grape/Raisin, and all it took was one skein--can you believe that?

I am truly honored to have been a part of this woman's treatment, if only in this one small way.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog! I truly love how it’s easy on my eyes as well as the info are well written.

    cold caps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!