Saturday, July 23, 2011

3 Grannies, 3 Layouts and a Skirt

Lately, I don't feel much like writing, not that I'm ever super witty or anything, but I just don't feel like trying to find the words.  So I'll save us all the mindless banter and get right down to the good stuff: some crafty projects.

First, the grannies for the slowly growing blanket.

Magnolia by Michele Thompson {pattern here}
The pattern for this square was sized at around 5" so I had to add a couple of extra rows of SC.  It still measures a bit small, so I will be going one more round of yellow SC in the back loops only to finish it off.

Circle of Friends by Priscilla Hewitt {pattern here}
 Adding this one to my list of favorites.  The TRC form these great dimensional stitches that border each round.  When I saw Mossy Owls' blanket on Pinterest (you must check it out--it's stunning), I knew I had to add this block to my blanket.  Now I want to make a whole blanket of just these in a rainbow of colors.  {sigh} so many crochet projects, so little time.

Winter Burst by Aurora Suominen {pattern here}
This is a beautiful pattern, but I had to leave out the last three rows.  Because of this, the last row is a bit wonky.  I almost ripped it out and did some HDC and SC along the mid-sections of each side to square it up more.  Oh well.  It's homemade, right?

Now for some recent layouts.  I did a couple more with July kits from Scrapbook Heaven:

 

A super quickie page for a SH summer crop Friday challenge: stripes only.

And this one slipped through the cracks when I did the July kits reveal post.

I promised a skirt in this post, so here it is:
Isn't that gorgeous?  We took a trip to the mall to get out of the heat this past week.  And the boys graciously allowed me a quick pass through Anthrolpologie.  Knowing my time in this store was short and precious with three tired boys in tow, I put my mad speed shopping skilz into full gear.  I plucked this beauty off the rack and had it on my body in 3 minutes and 24 seconds flat.  A glance in the mirror, and I knew it was coming home with me.   
I would never dream of spending $128 on a skirt for myself, but I had a generous gift card to use.  Happy day! 

That's all I've got for now.  Hope you are all having a fantastic and crafty weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Everything is awesome!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh! these are so great! i love the plaid lo! what a cool way to incorporate all those boys shirts that NEVER match anything! LOL! tks for sharing all your lo's over in the FTLOA gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! que maravillosos grannys!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!