Saturday, July 16, 2011

Crochet Grannies and some layouts

Yup, it's definitely summer around here.  Not much posting, but a whole lot of fun happening.  
We've been on vacation, on day trips, and on a bit of a stay-cation.  I love summer!
Today the boys and I spent much of the day making duct tape wallets.  I forgot to photograph, so maybe that'll be a post for another day.

Anyway, here's a bunch of mish-mash stuff that I should have probably been posting for the past month.  
Did I mention how much I love summer?!?

More squares for the blanket that is sssssloooooooowly coming together:

This square adds a circular twist on the traditional granny.  Whips up quickly--would make a great blanket done up in various color schemes.
Colorful Square by Drops Design {pattern here}
I really liked making this one.  The center is done in puffs and bobbles (even if you don't crochet, doesn't that just sound fun!), so it has lots of texture.
Carseat Blanket Square by Mary Ellen Wells {pattern here}
And speaking of texture, this square has lots of it.  I love the popcorn stitched flower and the way the four double treble stitches are worked on top of the square.  This was a fun one to figure out.
Flower Tile by Mary Jane Protus {pattern here}

Here's a closer look at it:

I'm taking a little break from squares to stitch up a chemo cap for a friend's client.  I'll share it and the pattern when it's finished.

Now onto some scrapbook schtuff.

Layouts for the Scrapbook Heaven Summer Scrapsation Crop:




And a few sneaks of the July Kits from Scrapbook Heaven.
 July Elite Sneaks:
 

Here's a look a the fabulous kits Shannon put together this month:

 I can't decide which one I love more.  
The full reveal will happen Monday, so stay tuned!

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!