I wanted to make a cute little bag to hold chocolates for a hostess gift, so I sewed this one up pretty quickly. I wish I had taken photos of the process, but I wasn't sure if I would be happy with the end result.
- Cut a piece of felt. I used white felt cut to 6 1/4" x 12" to create a finished bag size of approximately 5 1/4" x 6".
- Cut the felt pieces that you'll embroider onto the bag. I used the Sizzix Bigz Scallop Circle and Bird with Vine dies. I cut the Bird w Vine out of brown to form the base layer, then cut it from light blue and rose to make the bird and flower layers.
- Trim edge of circle to desired size and pin to the white felt. Hand embroider the scallop circle to the front of the felt.
- Turn the felt over and fold in half right sides together. Sew sides of bag closed with 1/4 to 1/2" seam backstitching on both ends.
- Flip the bag right side out, and the scallop circle is neatly sandwiched in the seam to create a nice finished edge.
- Lightly glue the vine piece to the bag. I only ran glue on the vine and leaves where I would not be stitching.
- Use pins to tack the rest of the design in place and embroider with floss.
- Cut handles to 1" x 12" and sew with a decorative stitch to the front and back of the bag.
Voila! Hang your little bag on a bottle of wine or Godiva White Chocolate liquor (yum! Bring on the chocolate martinis!!) and fill the bag with fine chocolates.