in just a couple short hours (it would have been less, but I was checking email, blogs, and Facebook in between!) Here's the gist of what I did:
- Cut divider cards to size (mine were 2 5/8 x 4"--perfect for getting 3 out of 1 strip of 12" paper) I used some K & Company double sided paper designed by Amy Butler that I've been saving for just the right project.
- Using a 1/4" square punch and rectangle punch, you can create the notches for the cards quite easily. Apparently there's also a punch specific for this task, but I don't have that. Simply line up a card that came with the Rolodex against your new cut card and punch away--very easy.
- Use the same designer paper to punch tabs for the letters using SU!'s Round Tab punch. I stamped my letters with a new alpha set I purchased just yesterday for only$1.97 on clearance.
- Adhere the tabs to the cards and pop into place on the Rolodex.
- I also punched 2-2" circles from the paper and adhered it to the knobs for a little more pizzazz. Isn't it adorable? And it was just the splash of color needed to make it into a happy, and useful desk accent!