Thursday, November 1, 2012

week one: pockets and crochet

I'm so excited to get started on the Holiday Card Making Challenge!


100 cards in a month?  I can do it!  Here are the first two cards I'm working on.  Nothing like taking off from the start line with a sprint.  This is why I will never run a marathon!


I used these Valentine's I had created for a client as the inspiration for this design.  This card-making stuff is hard enough, no sense reinventing the wheel.  

And inside the pocket is a little greeting tag:

I already have 7 of these made (go me!  umm, yeah, I know it's only day 1 and this card marathon is going to be long).

Here are some variations on the color scheme:




My second card this week features a little crocheted snowflake ornament.  It's like a card and gift in one!


I kept this design simple because those little snowflakes take a bit of effort.

ETA: the pattern for the snowflake can be found h e r e

So there you have it--the first week's cards.  Now I need to get crack-a-lackin on finishing 10 of each!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Michelle....now you've got me totally intimidated! If this is "simple" then I'm in trouble...ha ha! Really really darling card and love that sweet little banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Karen! I can't wait to see what you create with your new Big Shot!

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely, so delicate. your style and your talent is there !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!