Wednesday, November 28, 2012

week five: more doily love & a stitched tree

Woohoo!  
We made it through 5 weeks of cards: 2 designs each week, 10 of each design for a total of 
-----drum roll-----
100 cards!

This past weekend I took the boys' photo and ordered prints so we are good to go:


We might have done a little trespassing on a stranger's property to snap these pics, but I am just in love with the rustic look of this barn/shed.  And the red weathered door couldn't be more perfect for a Christmas photo shoot, right?  Even the vine growing up it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, doesn't it?  In love!

After the shoot, I created these two cards that better match the rustic color scheme in the photo:

Just can't get enough doilies!

And a little stitched tree:

I'm going to run the card base through the embosser to give it a little more somethin'-somethin'.

And there we have it: 10 holiday card designs in 5 weeks!

Hope these cards were an inspiration for your own holiday card making.

Thanks so much for playing along with challenge.  Until next year...


4 comments:

  1. I am loving reading your blog! Your crafts are all so cute! I was wondering if you had time to email me and let me know what yarns you used for the recent crochet stars that you made as ornaments to button on to the ribbons (thank you for the link to the Ravelry pattern) and also for the snowflakes you made for your Christmas cards that were buttoned on to the card. (thank you for the link to that pattern also!) I would love to make the same color/size star and snowflake you did and wondered what yarns/colors and size hooks you used. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet compliments! The yarn I used for the star was Vanna's Choice worsted weight in Oatmeal (I'm saying this with 98% certainty because I can't find the yarn wrapper and sample--heck, there's a very good chance that I never even saved it!). The small snowflake is made with Aunt Lydia's #3 crochet thread in white. I think I used a size C or D hook. Thanks for the reminder that I need tp take better notes on my projects!

      Delete
  2. All is just perfect ! My favorite is the first one, and soooo I scraplifted it ! I couldn't find time yet to take a picture in order to post on my blog, I'll do it soon and will tell you !! Thanks soooo much for all inspiration you give us !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've posted it ! http://thesahm.canalblog.com/archives/2012/12/02/25719710.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!