Wednesday, January 29, 2014

on my hook: fingerless mitts

Happy Wednesday!

The sun is shining today and it looks deceivingly warm outside (but only 18 degrees...brrr)

So I am keeping warm by the space heater and working on an ancient old WIP:
Adeline Fingerless Mitts: first blogged here
This week I went through all of my old works-in-progress.  I have a terrible habit of starting projects and not finishing them.  I blame it on my Crafty Attention Deficit  (or too-many-projects-too-little-time syndrome).  Please tell me you suffer from this, too!

To help me stay organized, I created a "Crochet Projects" sheet for my planner:

I can log all the important information so if the hook gets separated from the project, or I have to use some of the yarn for something else, I'll be able to look at my planner and pick up where I left off.  When the project is finished I can glue down a photo and move it to another binder of finished projects (hmmm...that binder might be empty for a while!).  Or maybe I'll just burn the planner page in celebration of finishing something!


So, how 'bout you?  Are you hooking anything up this week?  Are you trying to finish some of your WIP's?  Please share about it in the comments!

Happy Hooking!

4 comments:

  1. About this syndrome, I wanted to explain it to my doctor but he looked at me with eyes saucer-shaped ... I'm kidding !!! I know exactly what you are experiencing, and one of my corner (in my scraproom) overflows of non-finished projects. I'm just finished one, and I intend to start another one next week and so empty that corner... too shame ! lol !! Your planner is awesome, I've got to do the same for my Scrap projects...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, Vero! We can keep each other motivated with our works in progress this year.

      Delete
  2. what a great idea!! I love this. your blog is really cute too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!