Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Project


Worked on this fun little project last night, it's an altered frosting container.  I save all kinds of containers hoping to someday find a use for them, so I was happy to see Susan's Dad's and Grad's blog hop project challenge to alter a jar/can with photos.

Lots of photos of this one little jar, but I wanted you to be able to see all the way around:

Added a few rub-ons and some rhinestones
Inked the chipboard, applied glitter to the 's', added pearl centers and glitter to the petals of the paper Prima flowers

Trimmed the top with mini pom-pom fringe, and the inside with rick-rack and pp


I gave it my hubby for Father's Day, but told him that I was keeping it (afterall it matches my stUdio colors better than his office at work).  I believe his smile showed some relief that he wouldn't be the laughing stock of the firm with a flowered pen holder on his desk!  It's a win-win!

6 comments:

  1. Great colors but I think hubby needs to cowboy up and take it to the office:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea and really cute! Thanks for joining us at P K Glitz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous gift! love it so cute and great idea.

    so glad you have joined us over at the For Luv of Art forum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful gift. Very nicely done. Thanks for joining in the P K Glitz "Can" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!