Friday, February 19, 2010

Crochet Hook Holder

I found this super cute tutorial for a crochet hook holder on Craftster and whipped one up for myself.

closed approx. (6 1/2 x 5 in.)

tri-folded with flap open (approx. 8 3/4 x 6 1/2 in.)

unfolded (approx. 18 x 6 1/2 in.)

flap open (approx. 18 x 9 in.)

close up of little pockets
I sewed mine in three different sizes based on the size of my hooks
approx. 1/2", 3/4", 1"


This pattern could be altered to hold any number of things: crayons, markers, pencils, knitting needles, paint brushes. The folded size is compact enough to be tossed into a bag or purse. I've even tucked a small skein of yarn into it so I have crochet-to-go. If you ironed on some vinyl it would be great as an art kit for the kiddos.

6 comments:

  1. Very cute. I actually bought one of these at Michaels. Never thought to even make them. how do you get the buttons on there to snap it closed? Where would you buy the buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I bought the magnetic snaps at a fabric store. They are the easiest things ever to attach--no sewing. The metal backing pokes through the layers of your fabric and fold down to secure between the layers. Easy peasy (the package comes with instructions).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I don't crochet, but it could totally be incorporated into something else like a portable sewing or embroidery kit, even just a place to put nice pens you don't want destroyed by your kids. Very cute!

    Heidi
    honeybearlane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! Gorgeous ;-)
    This might just be my next sewing project!!
    ( funny how we seem to both be in the same " softies/sewing/crocheting" kind of mind ;-)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent this link to my mom... I want her to make me one!!! It's totally cool!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!