After seeing Donna Downey's altered Binderie, I was inspired to alter my ATG. Here's the before:
And here's the after:
The first thing I did was unscrew and remove the tape and uptake rolls; just two screws--I can handle that! Then I taped off the black trigger, the rubber wheel mechanism, and the inside posts that hold the rolls.
Then it's off to the spray paint. I used Krylon Fusion satin white to "prime", and then sprayed regular Krylon in Ivy Leaf. I don't have a lot of experience with spray painting, so I don't know for sure if the primer step was necessary. But my gun gets a lot of use and I didn't want the paint to get all chipped and scratched.
After all coats (2-3 of primer and 2 of color), I let it dry for a couople of days before adding the rub-ons. I used Daisy Bucket rub-ons (I love this spring-time line) and some I've had kicking around by Making Memories. Lots of rubbing, and voila! I will pick up one more pack of DB rub-ons so I can finish the back of the handle, and add just a couple more here and there. And then I will seal the whole thing with a Krylon protective finish and add a tiny bit of bling (maybe the flower centers.)
This was such a fun little project! Look around your home or crafting space and see what you can alter.