Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WIP: crochet granny blankets {x2}

A couple of weeks ago I got some fabulous news from my long-time and dear friend: she is pregnant with twins!  I've decided to make her two crochet blankets for her sweet babies: one boy and one girl.
The yarn is Caron's Spa Bamboo in naturally, green sheen, ocean spray & misty taupe.  I will be crocheting my little hands off trying to get two blankets done before Christmas.  But that's nothing compared to carrying two babies in my belly at once while chasing around an energetic toddler--that's how my friend will be spending the next three months!

Even as I type this, I'm trying to finish up the squares from my other granny blanket project.  I've just about run out of green yarn, so the end is in sight.  But right now I have squares all over the house.  I find them in the laundry room, dining room, various project bags, even wrapped up in the bedsheets.  I've lost track of which squares I've photographed, which ones I still have to post here, where all the patterns are...uggh, I'm a mess!  I'll get it together soon, promise.  

And then I can start the endeavor of joining squares.  Anyone have tips on that?

One more thing: Scrapbook Heaven is having a 30% off store wide sale.  Head on over and check it out before it ends on Sunday, the 11th.


2 comments:

  1. Wow-so cool! I wish I knew how to do this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty baby boy afghan - and links as to where to buy the book/pattern? I like the yarns, too. Do you have any info on what size hook you used also? Enjoyed reading through your crochet projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!