Monday, September 20, 2010

Back 2 School Scrapbooking

Scrapbook Heaven is at it again with another inspiring crop filled with fun challenges.  And it couldn't have come soon enough--September is nearly over, and I have barely scrapbooked at all this month...until now!

First, my challenge is to use a black background and white elements (embellies, papers, letters) to give it a chalkboard effect:
Our public library allows the kiddos to get their first library card when they turn five, and then they take a photo of the proud new owner with their card--how cute is that!

Patterned paper is from an old Love, Elsie line.  Flowers are made from a book page.


So this weekend, I took some time out of the hustle and bustle of fall sports with three boys and played along with some of the other challenges:

Carla's challenge # 4: Take Note--use note paper on your project
Now that I look at it, this photo is terrible--sorry.  Used the Sizzix border die (Dots and Scallops) to make a Lego looking border.  And just in case that was too subtle, I raided the boys' Legos and stuck those on the page, too!


Teresa's challenge #5: Art Class--get messy with paints, chalk, mists, ink, glitter
Took out the mists, paint, ink and some foam stamps from a CK KOTM.  The Fancy Pants journal card was my inspo for this one.  Sign of a good page: it takes more time to clean up the mess you made than it did to actually put the page together!
Lee's challenge #8: Math--use numbers on a LO
Inspired by the song Seasons of Love from Rent.  Plus this LO put me back in touch with my Word of the Year for 2010: possibilities.

Jules' challenge # 6 Music--use music lyrics or a song title on a page
From the first time I heard the song 1-2-3-4 by Plain White Tees I had a vision for the lyrics on a scrapbook page with large number stickers.  Check that off my list of LO's to do!
Little more love from the Sizzix Dots and Scallops border die

2 comments:

  1. not to get all sentimental on you, but your pages are truly works of art...inspiring us all to document our lives in a creative fashion...I am missing Thursdays already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages - I love those book paper flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!