Friday, December 30, 2011

Day5: Crochet Dishcloths

One of my first crochet projects was a dishcloth.  I like crocheting dishcloths for lots of reasons: they're green (when they get grody, you can toss them in the washer instead of the trash can), they're simple to make, they whip up quickly, there are a slew of patterns available for free online (just search "crochet dishcloths" and you'll find enough patterns to browse through for days or find hundreds and hundreds easily organized on Ravelry), they make dish washing fun.  

And they make a great gift, especially when fastened to a fancy bottle of dish detergent.
pattern here
pattern here
Many granny square patterns also make great dishcloths.  Something with a bit of a lacy feel will help the cloth to dry a little quicker.
pattern found in this book #76
 

 Added little coordinating gift tags to complete the gifts:


4 comments:

  1. You created some of the most warm and special gifts this year! I love how personalized each one is!!!! What a great gift to the one who gets their hands on everything you created!

    Hoping that your 2012 is blessed beyond measure and you find yourself full of joy too!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this isn't posting twice. I tried to comment but then I had to sign in and I'm not sure it went through after signing in.

    I know this is a really old post but any off the wall chance that you'd remember what the yarn is in photo number one? (the pink, white, blue, green yarn) Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JMR, I did a quick look online and it looks like it is Lily Sugar and Cream in Lava Lamp. Not sure if they still make it. Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!!! I had that saved, wondering if it was that one, but wasn't 100% sure.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!