Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mermaid Stair Step

I've been working on some invites for a little cutie's first birthday.  Her theme is Mermaids.  I used these super cute mermaids I found in Woofy World's etsy shop.  Are those not the sweetest!?  This card is a stair step design--I love the dimension this style provides.


You can find directions for these all over the internet, and then just tweak the measurements to suit your needs.  Here are the measurements I used to fit in a standard card envie:
  1. Cut base to 4" x 12"
  2. Score at 1-1/4", 2-1/2", 4-1/2", 6 1/2", and 9-1/4".
  3. Alternately fold mountains and valleys.
  4. Embellish!
Here's a view from above so you can see the layers:
And because I couldn't stop myself from taking pics of this mermaid, here's a few more:


And the envelope seal:

3 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!