Sunday, December 5, 2010

Holiday Paper Garland

The holiday season is upon us (as much as I try to deny it) and it's time to deck the halls.  The space above my mantel was looking a bit bare so I decided to dress it up with a handmade paper garland (plus I've been wanting to make some sort of banner/garland for a long time).  I used that absolutely adorable paper line, Joyride, from Crate Paper.  I am still sore from kicking myself repeatedly for not scooping up two packs of this paper.  Anyway here's the garland:




And here's a little how-to on creating the paper baubles:
You can use more or less, but 7 seemed like a lucky little number 
(and I loved how full my friend Jane's came out).


 Easy enough; nothing special here.

Adhere all those mini paper tacos together being sure the folded edges are flush.

 Isn't that so pretty?!  Leaving the last edge unglued makes it easy to sandwich the thread in the center without actually having to thread it.
Then gather up all the supplies you want to include in your garland (and then some).  
I ended up not using the little snowflakes, and added in some crystal beads.
The letters to spell "Merry Christmas" were done up easily on the computer then layered on a circle, scallop circle, and jumbo snowflake punched from a grocery bag (thanks Kayla for that bit of brilliance!).

I used some thin twine for the base and began by threading all the crystal beads on.  Then it was easy enough to adhere the snowflake letters and paper baubles in place, and tie on some ribbon scraps.   

Enjoy! And for more creative holiday projects, head over to Scrapbook Heaven for the Creative C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S. Event going on now through December 20th.

1 comment:

  1. I am waiting patiently for your ETSY shop, where I would have promptly ordered one of these....beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!