Friday, August 28, 2009

Yum in the Sun {ETA: Deets}

Time for week #4's layout from Dixie Pieces. This week's challenge was to use a Raspberry, Apricot, Green Apple color scheme and painting on your page. I love the color scheme for this layout: so fun, refreshing, and summery:

I painted the chipboard letters and dry brushed the edges of the white BG paper.

Lately I've been looking at books on Softies--they have the cutest little expression. This trend inspired my little popsicle guy cut from a corner-rounded rectangle of PP, and accented with felt eyes, a drawn smile, a mini popsicle stick, and a little ribbon.
The DCWV word strip paper was the perfect colors to complete the journaling on the page: it's the SIMPLE THINGS that make us BLISS-fully HAPPY. The flower's center is accented with super tacky tape covered in seed beads. I've been wanting to do some beading on my layouts for a while now. This was a simplified way to get some beads on my page.
I love working with color schemes to jump start my layouts. I go through papers, and accents (this is where my color jars come in handy) and pull anything with the colors. Then grab a sketch (like Paper Crafts Planet sb082309 used here) and the page pretty much builds itself!

Materials:
PP: Prima-Breathe Collection; DCWV Stack 6 and an older Stack (journaling words)
Cardstock: DCWV white; SU! Gable
GreenStickers: SEI ("in the sun"), SU! ("delight")
Chipboard: SU! ("yum")Paint:
Plaid (meadow green)
Ribbon: American Crafts
Punch: SU! flower trio
Flower: Making Memories
Other: buttons, seed beads, felt, mini pospicle stick, brads

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this L.O.!!! I love everything about it! now I need to eat one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumm... i need one too as well right now :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!