Friday, September 25, 2009

A Monster and the Zoo

I picked up some of the My Little Monster papers from Daisy Bucket Designs at my LSS a few months back. I just fell in love with those monsters in their bright fun colors, and all those motherly words of wisdom yelling from the paper. Flash forward to Monday: me digging through more old pictures from my film days. Found these of my youngest's first experience with a cookie (I think he liked it, don't you?!). And light bulb!! These pics would be perfect with that cutie paper. Originally, I was thinking the title would be Cookie Monster, but that conjured up images of the big furry blue guy. So instead I cut some of the words from the paper, along with some cutie monsters. And another page is born!



This LO is for this month's Quick and Simple page challenge at Dixie Pieces. The challenge was to use 1-3 photos (I cheated a bit here), two rectangles of paper, letters for the title, and 3 small embellishments. Now that I think about it, I guess I didn't follow the directions very well. Anywho, this page was super quick and easy, aven with the doodled vine with handcut leaves. And those cardboard letters, easy peasy. Just free cut, no stencil, no sketching. The papers are from SEI's Dill Blossom.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Love your use of ribbon on this LO the Cookie Monster even though you didn't name it that. Fabulous Layouts on your blog. Don't forget the Blog Hop at DP this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!