Monday, May 4, 2015

granny blanket : may pole

Happy Sunny Monday!
It is a gorgeous day here and I am beyond grateful for the warmer weather, sunshine and the day off from work to enjoy it all!  There will be some outside crochet for me as soon as I get this week's square up.  So let's get on with it.

WEEK NINETEEN || May Pole

I loved hooking up this square and couldn't help but share a sneak peek of its progress on Instagram

I could totally see a whole blanket of these circles.  Or how about face scrubbies?  Ooh, I may feel an end-of-year teacher gift project coming on...

Hope you will give this square a try.  I did need to omit the last couple of rounds and alter the pattern so the square came out to the right size for my blanket.

Here's what I did in place of round 14:
Join yarn in first space of any corner (between multiCL and dcCL) with a standing partial dc (leave last 2 loops on hook,) finish the dcCL as original pattern states.  ch3, dcCL in next space (corner made)
*sc in next 2 stitches (top of multiCL), hdc in space after cluster, dc in next 2 stitches. (These stitches are done over the first group of dcCL): hdc before next dcCL, sc between clusters, sc in top of middle cluster, sc between 2nd and 3rd cluster, hdc in space after cluster.
hdc in next 2 stitches, hdc before multiCL, sc in top of multiCL, hdc after multiCL, hdc in next 3 stitches.
(These stitches are done over the second group of dcCL): hdc before next dcCL, sc between clusters, sc in top of middle cluster, sc between 2nd and 3rd cluster, hdc in space after cluster.
hdc in next st, hdc in space before first corner cluster, sc in next 2 stitches (top of cluster).
dcCL in first space of corner, ch3, dcCL in next space*

Repeat from * to * on remaining three sides.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!