Friday, February 1, 2013

a crochet stocking

I have another crochet project to share with you today:


Yarn: Lily Sugar and Cream in 
Hot Pink, Hot Green, Powder and Red

To make the hexagon motif, I followed rounds 1, 2, & 3 form this Red Heart pattern.  For the final round (hot pink) I did the following:

join new color in corner space of round 3
ch3 (counts as first dc), dc1, ch1, 2dc all in corner space
dc1 in each stitch along side
in corner space: dc2, ch1, dc2 
repeat around and join with slip stitch to top of beginning ch3

Then I followed the instructions in this pattern from Priscilla Hewitt to join the motifs.

That's one stocking down, 4 more to go by December 1st!

Thanks for looking!


2 comments:

  1. This is so fantastic and adorable! I crochet too, and even have the Lily Sugar & Cream yarns too. Your creation is lovely! And way to get a headstart on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for seeing me as "early for next Christmas" instead of "late for last Christmas"! Ha, ha :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!