Making one of these has been on my list of things to do for quite a while. I finally found some coordinating fabric that I loved and moved it to the top of my list for last night. Thanks to the fantastic tutorial over at Cluck, Cluck, Sew I whipped this pretty up in no time.
I adjusted the pattern ever so slightly, cutting the fabric to 28" rather than 26". I was thinking that I would not need the fusible fleece padding, then at the last minute (and a quick trip to JoAnn's) I added it. It's definitely better with it, not only for comfort, but also for overall look and quality. Out of 1/4 yard of fabric, I was able to cut enough for three straps. I would like to try one that is nearly the length of my whole strap to try to cover up some of the unattractive plasticware used in adjusting the strap length. I will definitely be making a whole slew of these--great for presents.
Here's a close up which was about all I could get once I slipped it onto my strap.